The bronze dye decorates the pasta with stronger grooves that are capable of holding-in the pasta sauces for a better taste and yet providing the right cooking resistance to keep the pasta intact. A unique bronze dye technology has been used to manufacture Italics Pasta.
Avoiding the usual Teflon dye, this opulent technology purifies every grain and keeps its original qualities intact for its combination with a rough and tough paste.
Made in Italy
The classic Italian comfort food made with a little prep and a lot of love.
Durum Wheat Semolina
A rich source of many important nutrients containing dietary fiber, vitamin B-complex, vitamin E, minerals and zero in fat, saturated and trans fat. It is also low in cholesterol and sodium. Including drum wheat products as a part of your diet provides your more balanced nutrients intake.
Dried pasta doubles in volume when cooked. Always cook pasta in a generous amount of boiling salted water. The high heat ‘sets’ the outside of the pasta and stops it sticking together. Lots of water ensures the pasta can move freely and cook evenly and salt is needed to bring out the flavor of dried pasta.
Types of Pasta
Pasta is enjoyed by several people across the world and has its own variations around the globe. From over 600 shapes and 1300 names of pasta to the grains used for making it, there are several facts about your favourite food that you might not be aware of! We bring you 20 such facts that will enlighten you and change the way you look at it!
First Made in
It’s a widely-known fact that people consider pasta an Italian food. However, you will be surprised to know that pasta was discovered in China early as 5000 BC by Marco Polo, when he ate it at the court of Kubla Khan. The production of pasta dates back to 400 BC and you can easily find its evidence on the Etruscan tombs in the form for carvings.
Durum Wheat Semolina
Pasta is made from grain, one of the basic food groups in a healthy diet that also can include vegetables, fruits, etc. It’s a good source of energy and can give you fiber, too, if it’s made from whole grain. That can help with stomach problems and may help lower cholesterol.
Why Durum Wheat Pasta?
rich in protein
Durum Wheat Semolina
Authentic Italian Recipes
Pasta is versatile. You can have it as an appetizer, side dish, or the main meal. It can also come as a salad or can be used for breakfast or even dessert! With so many different shapes, there are countless possibilities for pairing pastas. You can have lots of fun switching shapes for different recipes.
italian alfredo sauce
- Melt 1/4th cup butter in a pan and add 1 cup of heavy cream and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic, some thyme and a spoon of chopped parsley
- Add salt to taste and blend 1 cup of parmesan cheese in the sauce
- Add the cooked pasta and cook for 1 minute. Serve piping hot!
italian aglio olio sauce
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Add 6 cloves of finely chopped garlic and some vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, olives
- Add pepper, chili flakes and salt
- Saute for 2-3 minutes and add 1 cup of pasta water. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss continuously until sauce thickens and coats the pasta
- Remove from heat, stir in Parsley and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topping with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese.
italian arrabbiata sauce
- Boil 4 tomatoes for 5 minute and peel of the skin. Then roughly chop them off
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic and ½ onion finely chopped. Sauté over low flame for about 2 minute
- Add the chopped tomato and chili flakes. Add Salt to taste. Cook for 2 minute
- Finish the sauce with some fresh basil and chopped parsley
- Add the boiled pasta and toss together for a minute. Top it up with parmesan cheese and serve hot
Per approx. 100 gms
Carbohydrates like pasta provide glucose, the crucial fuel for your brain and muscles. releasing energy at a slow and sustained level, you don’t get the energy spikes associated with simple sugars.
Low in Fat
Pasta is a fat-free, low sodium food that can fit right in with a weight loss or management plan. It also fills you up so you don’t feel hungry while trying to lose weight!
Carbs produce the hormone serotonin, which balances and boosts your emotions.
Your brain needs 130grams a day of carbs to function properly
Italics is a gourmet brand of Parakh Group. With over five decades of experience in the milling industry, we bring in our expertise and closely work with one of the oldest pasta manufacturers in Italy. We ensure that only genuine Italian quality pasta gets sourced for you.